Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mothers do your annual pap smear test

Mothers do your annual pap smear test, don't procrastinate. It could save your life. Cervical cancer is preventable yet prevalent.

As mothers, we often leave ourselves last when it comes to family well being and health. I find myself doing this quite often. When my knee hurts, I tell myself, its ok, its just a small thing. I have 101 other things to do. This can wait. My health concerns are usually pushed back to the back burner, unattended and ignored because there are other "more important" things to do for the family.

Besides its really a lot of trouble dragging the whole family along with me to my doctor check-ups (I usually have to do that since there is no one to watch the children for me) so I usually procrastinate when it comes to my own doctor check-ups. However, the health of my husband and children are important so I try to make sure they go for their medical check-ups.

However, this is a silly thing to do and a poor excuse for procrastinating when it comes to my own health. So to all other mothers, please don't be like me. Give your health top priority. Take care of yourself so you can take care of your family.

One of the health checks that you should not be putting off is your annual pap test. If you have been procrastinating on doing an annual pap smear examination, please don't. Go schedule one with your gynaecologist today. It could save your life.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm overdue for mine this year. I dread going every year :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of those! For my whole life till now, I had only one PAP Smear done, that is after giving birth to my daugther...err 4 years ago??

    Though it's not painful at all...but I still have fear doing it! *sigh*...

    ReplyDelete
  3. immomsdaughter,
    Yup, I actually postponed mine too, till I was forced to go because of the chemical pregnancy or early miscarriage. :P

    annie,
    You better go and get yours done then. Please don't procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...