Monday, February 12, 2007

How to get your child to say "I'm sorry" and mean it!

In the middle of last night, I heard a little voice saying "Mummy, sorry." It was my boy talking in his sleep!

He had learned this new "magic word" called "sorry" from his sister. My girl had learned that whenever she apologises for doing something wrong or bad, she gets a hug and a "Its ok" from me. So one day, when baby got a scolding for being naughty, she quickly told him "Go and tell mummy you are sorry." and baby who always copycats his sister in everything came and said "Sorry mummy." and got his hug and "Its ok, next time don't do it."

He has been using it ever since and now he's even dreaming about it. He must think that it is really such a magical word!

Well, now that I've got the children to say "I'm sorry." for their wrongdoings, can anyone out there please tell me how to get them to say "I'm sorry" and really mean it!!!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...