Monday, May 14, 2007

Who says boys are slower to toilet train?

My 3 year old boy is fully toilet trained now and it took me only about 1-2 weeks to do it. I trained him for the day time but as soon as that was done, he automatically stopped wetting his diapers at night. Phew!

On the other hand, my 5 year old girl still wears diapers at night. I think its my fault really. Previously when I tried to take her off her nighttime diapers, I would get so worked up and annoyed whenever she wet the bed that she has developed a scare about the whole process, I'm afraid.

She wakes up with a heavy diaper each morning and each night we would have the same conversation. She wants to pee every few minutes. Its really tiring. She has promised to go off her diaper when she turns 5 next week. And I have promised to give her a reward after collecting 30 stars. Lets see how that turns out. I'll report here.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow , your boy is just great. and you are lucky, most the kids I know need diaper during night time at least until 3.5 years old.
    Some bigger kid do need extra protection at night time for longer period.
    Have you try the potty training pants for her? But as you said her diaper is still full then she might still need to wear diaper instead of training pant.
    If using modern cloth diaper you will need one pcs for night time. And wash in the morning and can be re-use at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sandra,
    Yes, I'm really lucky with my boy. After he learned during the day, he stayed dry automatically during the night. My girl is different though. I'm still having a headache of trying to get her off her nighttime diapers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...