Friday, June 01, 2007

Mothering is really hard work

Being a mother is really a tough job. Its not easy to be woken up from sleep to feed hungry babies and change dirty diapers, to feed reluctant little mouths, to get charged up little ones to go to bed, to answer endless questions from inquisitive little minds, chase playful little ones around to change their clothes and the list goes on and on.

And thats why I've resisted having a helper or a maid for as long as I could. The reason is due to human nature. I'll explain why.

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I now have a part-time helper. And due to the lazy human nature, I must say that I am tempted, very very tempted, to ask the part time helper to feed, bathe, change, wash dirty smelly little bottoms and do all the other "hard" parts of motherhood while I just sit back and do the easy part of playing, loving and cuddling them. Hahaha.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Kids are smart, they know who to choose. If you do ask your helper to do the work, I doubt your kids will be willing to let her attend to them.

    Though I have a lived in maid for almost 2 years and she has been quite a part of WH's life, but both my kids still want mummy to do all the work including the dirty part.

    Some days I'm lazy, I wanted to get the maid to do the job, but my kids just kick a big fuss and refuse to let the maid to attend to them. So I hardly get a chance to escape my motherly role of feeding, changing, bathing and washing smelling backside that includes pouring poo and cleaning the potty. (My hubby always scold me for under utilizing the maid and not train my kids to accept the maid's help) *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should point out those situations where the maid frees you of household chores so that you can spend quality time as a family to your hubby then. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...