Thursday, August 16, 2007

Quote: A Mother is Born

First, I would like to thank reader Shandi for contributing the lovely quote below. I hope other readers will enjoy it too as I did. Thank you Shandi!




The moment a child is born,

the mother is also born.

She never existed before.

The woman existed,

but the mother, never.

A mother is something absolutely new.


I find this absolutely true. I became a mother the moment my child was born and I had to learn how to be a mother. I'm still learning! Its a lifelong process. I existed before I became a mother and now that I am a mother I constantly struggle between the woman in me and the mother in me.

I am sure all you mothers out there will agree with me that being a mother is one of the hardest roles ever! Lets continue to encourage and inspire each other in our roles as mother.
The image above is from dartmouth.edu site

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...