Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mommy Blogger Penny

Mommy Blogger Penny is a new mum to a baby boy, 7 plus months to be exact. She loves to shop so its no surprise that one of the blogs she maintains is a shopping blog called....


    Shop Till I Drop - As the name of this shopping blog suggests, Penny does reviews of all the shopping she does for the convenience of the rest of us. She does her "shopping" mainly from window shopping at retail stores as well as warehouses during sales, online shops, home catalogue shopping etc. She says she has a huge waiting list of things that can never be fulfilled. Haha. Don't we all? Head on there if you love shopping.

As a parent, Penny also maintains a Parenting Blog called Life As Parents. Some of the categories you can find on this blog include baby development, baby food, baby sleep, baby vaccination, everything that a new mother would be interested in plus shopping of course. :) If you're a mother of a new baby, you might like to read Penny's Parenting Blog to share stories with Penny or read her "real time" chronicles of Life as a Parent to a 7 + month old baby. If you're an "old" mother, you can go there too for some good memories as you read her current baby journal. I was brought back very vividly to the time when my baby was that age when I read her baby food journal.

Watch out for more reviews tomorrow.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. When I saw your blog title I thought it will be nice to send this to you. This has been sent to Penny as well.

    A woman, renewing her driver's license at the County Clerk 's office, was asked by the woman recorder to state her occupation.

    She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself.

    'What I mean is, ' explained the recorder, 'do you have a job or are you just a ...?'

    'Of course I have a job,' snapped the woman. 'I'm a Mom.'

    'We don't list 'Mom' as an occupation, 'housewife' covers it,'
    Said the recorder emphatically.

    I forgot all about her story until one day I found myself in the same situation, this time at our own Town Hall.

    The Clerk was obviously a career woman, poised, efficient, and possessed of a high sounding title like, 'Official Interrogator' or 'Town Registrar.'

    'What is your occupation?' she probed.

    What made me say it? I do not know. The words simply popped out.

    'I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations.'

    The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in midair and looked up as though she had not heard right.

    I repeated the title slowly emphasizing the most significant words.. Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written,
    in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.

    'Might I ask,' said the clerk with new interest,'just what you do in your field?'

    Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply,
    'I have a continuing program of research, (what mother doesn't)
    In the laboratory and in the field, (normally I would have said indoors and out).
    I'm working for my Masters, (first the Lord and then the whole family) and already have four credits (all daughters).
    Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities,
    (any mother care to disagree?)
    and I often work 14 hours a day, (24 is more like it).
    But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers
    and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money.'

    There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's voice as she completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door.

    As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, I was greeted by my lab assistants -- ages 13, 7, and 3.
    Upstairs I could hear our new experimental model, (a 6 month old baby) in the child development program, testing out a new vocal pattern. I felt I had scored a beat on bureaucracy! And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind than 'just another Mom.'

    Motherhood! What a glorious career!
    Especially when there's a title on the door.

    Does this make grandmothers
    'Senior Research associates in the field of Child Development and Human Relations'

    And great grandmothers
    'Executive Senior Research Associates?'

    I think so!!!
    I also think it makes Aunts '
    Associate Research Assistants.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. innerjourney,
    Thank you. Thats very sweet to include in here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...