Friday, November 04, 2011

Signs

It is the end of the year and next year my kids turn 8 and 10. That would mean that I have been off the work force for more about 10 years now. That is a long time. I wonder what sort of work I can do if I want to get back to work. I guess it will have to be something to do with writing. However writing according to someone else's deadline is not very appealing to me. It doesn't come anywhere near the feeling you get of coming up with an article idea yourself, then writing and editing it yourself. You are in total control.

I still remember my earlier jobs. Apart from writing I had to do other things too. I worked for a relatively small company then. I even had to do our own corporate signs. I remember it was white and green, our corporate color. We had to comply with certain regulations and standards on the size of the signs. It was such a bother dealing with administrative things like that.

So we had this big sign outside our office. I also had to do a smaller door sign for visitors coming to our office with brass letters on it.

No, I did not enjoy doing any of that. I am enjoying myself much more now, looking after my children and doing work as and whenever I like on my own terms and in my own time. The thing about motherhood and staying at home is you are not going to get any prize or plaques in commemoration of your 'service'. However, there is nothing like this stay at home mother job. It is the most rewarding of all.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...