Thursday, September 13, 2012

What Causes Cancer?

What causes cancer? This is on my mind a lot these days. 


Cancer, the big C. These things don't happen to you or people you love. But then my mum died of it, my aunt is a breast cancer survivor and now my sister has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be having a lumpectomy soon. Sigh.

Cancer is like a silent decease isn't it? I mean, my sister is very healthy. She goes around living life as usual, just like everyone else. She works hard. She just went to Phuket for a short weekend holiday. She came home. She felt a lump. She went for a masectomy and then wham! She is told that she has breast cancer and she is to have a lumpectomy. 

I mean it is so scary. You go about doing your daily business as usual. You don't feel sick. You don't think there is anything wrong with you and then all within a short span of two weeks, suddenly you are told that you have the big C and you are to have surgery. 

So, what causes cancer? The doctor told my sister that in her case it must be stress. She says that more and more she is beginning to see this group... stressed up women.

I told my sister not to ask herself "Why me?" so that she won't feel depressed but then, I am asking now. Why? 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I've asked countless of times "Why?" too when my late father had the big C. Especially when he had to go through all the sufferings. We just can't help but ask that question. Although we know we shouldn't. It's time to give your sister lots of support and encouragement. All the best in her surgery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...