Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Do You Vacuum Your Mattresses?

My son's eczema is giving him problems again. He has a few spots on his legs, itchy spots that just grows and grows, the skin around those areas just keeps on getting thicker and sometimes it bleeds when he scratches too hard. The doctor said he may be allergic to dust mites and she advises us to vacuum the mattresses but how does one do that?

I couldn't bring myself to use the same vacuum I use for my floors on my bed, even though we have different nozzles for it. So, do I get another hand held vacuum to use just for the mattress? I'm at a loss on what to do. So, for the time being, I've got a dust mite spray to spray on the mattress but the doctor said that was not good enough. She said that even if the dust mite gets killed, we need to vacuum them away or they may cause problems too.

Not only that, me and my children are constantly sniffing and sneezing which could also be caused by dust mite allergies. However, now with the maid gone, I've got to deal with the rest of my housework first before I even think of getting Miele Vacuum cleaners.


I've been thinking of getting a dishwasher, dryer, deep fryer, steamer and more! I have so much to do and so little time and now there are so many devices that can help us but not enough money to get them all!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi MG, I don't know if this will help. I have eczema (severe ones) and so does my son and we are allergic to dust mites (got that checked and confirmed). Yes i do vacumned my mattress and the vacumn i use is called rainbow. I love it cos it does a pretty good job of removing the dust mites. It has a separate nozzle head just for the mattress. the down side of it is the price $$$$ and the weight but i do love how it leaves squeaky clean floors and dust-free air. u can ask for a free demo. Here's a blog review with pictures. http://www.emmira.com/2010/12/rainbow-vacuum-cleaner-do-wonders-to.html
    Feels good to see the dirt after the vacumn.
    fr MS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...