Thursday, July 11, 2013

A SAHM Needs Self Discipline

Woman using computer mouse
I find that one of the most important virtues a SAHM needs is self discipline. Without it, nothing gets done. My self-discipline meter changes from day to day. Some days are really good. Others pass by with me hardly lifting a finger, except maybe my index finger to scroll the PC mouse or touching my touch screen tablet.

Today, is a good day for me. I have managed to do all my laundry and ironing and dishes and even found time to write the next chapter in a new book I am working on.

The other two books I wrote are sold mostly overseas on Amazon, Smashwords and Createspace but I am now one step closer to bringing them nearer home by selling them on MPH Digital. Still working out the details. Now, I am working on the third.

A little while ago, I wrote the first two chapters and then I stalled. For days, I tried to think of a better title for it but it just wouldn't come. Today, I decided that if I don't work on it, it is not going to be completed. So I read it again and decided that I liked the original title after all, so I wrote Chapter 3.

I've still got to cook lunch and do the floors so I had to find a good place to stop writing. My "working hours" for my writing is always in the mornings only. When the kids get back in the afternoon, there is no more time for me. The rest of the day is rather rushed. Helping with homework, cooking dinner, washing up, going to bed early so I can make it through another day.

Today, I have been a good girl, a good SAHM with good self discipline. So, I am happy. :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...